Public Education Request Form
We value the opportunity to provide a better understanding of what we do for you. Pre-arranged station tours or event requests are scheduled through the District’s main office. Once your request is submitted, our office will contact you regarding your request within 24 to 48 hours.
- Tours and event participation are provided for residents of the City of Silverton and Scotts Mills or those that belong to an organization within the community.
- Public Education requests, including fire station tours, require at least a two-week advance notice. This allows for the processing time required for your request. Requests with less than a two-week notice are not able to be processed.
- Although time has been scheduled for your tour or event, the engine and crew may be called to respond to an emergency. In the event the crew is called away, we will be happy to reschedule for another day.
- The Silverton Fire District also offers fire extinguisher training but the requesting party needs to provide the extinguishers.
If you are requesting a Station Tour:
- Please remember that you are visiting an active, in-service fire station and will be briefed on a safe place to gather your group in the event that the engine is called out on an emergency.
- Groups shall consist of no more than 36 people, including necessary chaperones (1 adult for 4 children under the age of 12). Children shall be at least 4 years of age.
- During station visitations, the fire crew will provide a brief tour of the station, in addition to displaying the Engine and its equipment, general fire safety presentation, followed by a question and answer period.
- If you are requesting a School Visit or Special Event:
- At event participation, the Fire Apparatus must be located in a position that will facilitate a safe and expedient response in case the Apparatus is called to respond to an emergency.
We welcome your interaction with the Silverton Fire District and will strive to make it memorable for both you and your group. Please understand that the preceding rules are for your safety and will allow the fire crew to accommodate you, as well as tend to their assigned duties, in a safe and efficient manner.